Thursday, January 22, 2009

Things and Such

Movie to watch: Seven Pounds. It's really cool, though really sad. Really.

Ending a Deployment: All the bullshit you didn't have to deal with, just seems to build up. During the deployment it was, 'No, I can't give up five Marines to a working party to dig a trench. I have a network to run.' Well, maybe it's not that bad, but it seems we are trying to give our network over on a silver fucking platter. 'Hey we need to clean out all the drawers and rooms of everything we don't use so that they are good to go.' 'Let's reorganize all the fiber.' 'Let's move desks around.' Shouldn't we be turning over with the people replacing us? Not cleaning up for them? Tell me to teach them how to TFTP or XModem a switch IOS and I will. Have we, no. Why? Because we can make the bunker look pretty so that things are neat. Fuck that.

What else? Oh yeah, how about the concept of leftseat - rightseat (imagine driving a car). Turnover is two weeks long. One week we control the network and they look over our shoulders, and the next week we let them drive and we just help out if they fuck something up, or we give them hints on how to do it better. Nope, we're just going to rip the band-aid off at the last possible minute and when they have questions we won't be here to answer them.

That aside, getting ready to leave has never been sweeter. Maybe leaving boot camp. Don't get me wrong, this deployment wasn't bad. I love doing my job. In fact, now that I'm single I would re-deploy in two months and not care. Well, maybe a little care. I would miss the fast internet, the driving my car, the drinking alcohol, the having weekends, etc. The fact of the matter is, when I'm in CONUS (Continental United States) my job is nothing. I don't do jack. I only do my job in a deployed environment. So send me home, let me play for two months, then send me back out. If Afghanistan is next, to Afghanistan I go. Just don't put me on a convoy. Let me fix the switches, the servers, the routers, the printers, the computers, the cat5 lines. It's what I do and I'm fucking good at it.

Mood: Depressed

Women: Meghan is over me. That sucks. I'm not over her. My brain is rattled worse than ever before. I can keep focus whenever I need to, but in the moments where I day-dream or my mind wanders (considering I'm ADD this happens often) I tend to think of her, or events with her. It's sad actually. My stories went from, my girlfriend does this to - my ex-girlfriend did that. I sound pathetic.
-Example: Talking about cars. Sgt. Messerole says he has to purchase an automatic, but that the 'no clutch manual' is really cool. I guess that would work for him, but seriously though? Screw that. I've tried it. It's gay. You might as well just drive auto. No clutch, no dice. The comment I wanted to add in that I had to bite my tongue on, 'Well, if you were married to someone like my ex-girlfriend, then she would be able to drive a stick and you wouldn't have that problem.'

Movie I relate to: Gran Torino. I can recognize the houses and the streets of Detroit, and the credits roll on Lake Shore Drive.

Plans Upon Arrival in San Diego: Unpack what I need, get my car from TMO (if I can), go catch lunch at California Thai (delicious), unpack some more, go downtown and purchase a Freebord, check out Oakley's sunglasses at the Oakley shop on 5th Street, maybe grab a beer at a bar, get something good for dinner (perhaps Panda Express) and then go back to my room with a case of beer and drink with other people.

Method of Masturbation: Shower and a form of lubricant (shampoo, soap, etc) with mental thoughts of previous sexual encounters.

Additional Purchase: A scanner so that I can post my drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment