Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just the Poem

I wrote this one last night. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think some revision may be in order. Look at the star constellation Orion on its side and it looks like a stingray. I will name that stingray Orion (sorry, off track).

Orion's Belt
Orion stands firm, bow strung taut.
He and his stars shine down bright.
Dancing above the cruel atmosphere.

Laying below, the sand at my back.
Trying to go, to run, to disappear.
Somewhere to hide away,
Hide from the pain and sorrow,
Longing for the end of today,
Always moments from tomorrow.

Stuck in my head the body of an angel.
Seared into my thoughts are beautiful eyes.
To dance again with the stars in the heavens.

The wind blows with each step you take.
Blown away from me, caught in a gust.
With one more step you vanish from sight
And I'm hurled into darkness and dispair.
A heart left broken, empty and alone.

No dances left for a heart of stone.
The stars die with the night. And the sun,
Drawn by chariot, crosses the horizon.
01/05/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment