Sunday, March 21, 2010

Poem for Winter

A Winter Walk
I take a walk that is frequent in clairvoyance.
Shuffling my feet along to ease my mind because
I am riddled by temple hemispheres.
Drifted banks of snow, line the path I walk.
Indents into ankle high powder are the footsteps of my past.
I place my next foot over soft unique snowflakes
Which are then pressed into eight inch patterns.
Each footfall is a fresh start in any direction.

The chill breeze at my back edging me along
While I drag my feet with reminiscence.
Each step confronting openly the future.
My fingertips curled into my jade sweatshirt
Fumbling the leafs onto which I have written.
The papers fall to the wayside and scatter.
Meaning lost in diction and connotation.
Imagery forgotten with syllables and stress.
3/21/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment