Monday, March 1, 2010

Halt the Spun World

Haiti.  Now Chile.  The world is in chaos.  What the fuck does politics and history matter when mother nature can just wipe it all out?  Tell the truth some time and actually legitimately care for some one.  (My fortune cookie moment).

Movies:  Ninja Assassin is a less plot driven movie than Hitman.

Music Playlist:  Something with Offspring, Rise Against, Weezer, and At the Drive-in.

I'm trying to keep writing.  Kinda pushing myself to keep going.  This is the better of the things that have been going onto paper:

Halt the Spun World
Drop to your knees and beg the world to stop spinning.
She dreams of a moment where it all just stops.
Don’t close your eyes and forget me,
Just quit going the way you’re headed.
Follow me, she begs, and we’ll bypass all the chaos.
The route through the madness that only we can take

She falls to her knees.

Or maybe it’s just me and my head is spinning.
I’ve dropped down and it all just won’t stop.
Please help me get my feet planted firmly.
It’s all jaded and it’s all still spinning.
2/28/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment