Monday, November 23, 2009

Just the One

Rift
Jesse, honey. The world is splitting in two.
Apocalypse is impending, doom is here.
The rift is immense and you're holding true.
Meteors and nuclear smoke in the atmosphere.
Can you see the difference in this choice?
Tidal waves, Sears Tower high, are crashing.
Chaos has us all running and I want to hear your voice.
Can't call you, EMP sent planes smashing.
Dodge the old man's ford on fire.
Spin free and houdini from the anchor.
I couldn't be in the places that you require.
I lost long before in a parallel to euchre.
You're on the other side of this rift that's splitting.
I'm crying out for a change in this fucking world.
The realization dawns: I have no influence to our parting.
I guess at the end everything is unfurled.
-Jimmy

11/23/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment