Thursday, November 5, 2009

Duct Tape

Duct Tape: Fixes all except its original purpose, fixing ducts.

Being Cool with Duct Tape: Remember the trends? The duct tape wrist band? I totally forgot about that until today I was three-quarters of the way into making one. Then that reminded me, I used to be pretty good with hemp design too. That got me thinking: maybe I should make a cool necklace again.

Events: I'm not one for news. When the newscasters are bored they talk about celebrity gossip. When there is a HOT topic, then they talk about it in a fashion that hurts one's soul. Always putting a spin on something. Take today's events for example: 12 and rising are killed at Fort Hood in some soldier's craziness. The second topic you ask - "Sandra Bullock 'grateful' for stepmom role." All the more reason for me to stick with video games and random conversations with friends.

I have changed my mind about vehicle purchase... wait hold on. Phish just came on my playlist. (pause for Silent in the Morning) Okay, so what was I typing about, oh yeah. I feel that the black cherry never needs to be popped. Wait, that was not the topic. Evan's Mini Cooper was always a fun car, but I have been convinced to browse the American shelf of cars. So I looked. Mazda 6 is cool. Volvo S40 would be nice to drive. I think the car for me, however, is the Jeep Compass. It is small for the mobility I want on the road, and it can tow and handle the random stuff I always have in my current car (snowboard, golf bag, drunk chair, toolbox, and miscellaneous stuff that finds its way in there).

Linux: Holy hell. Open Suse has a create your own image (Operating System and Applications and files and background and everything). It's called Appliance on the SUSE Studio. Free to sign up. I took several trial runs and I think I finally came up with something I really like. Next step: Open up space on this laptop, buy a two terabyte external for more storage, and make sure I have another computer near by for driver installs and downloads.

Windows 7: Ben Pruyne bought it in Yuma and installed the 32bit on his laptop and the 64bit on his desktop. I took a look at it. Really nice. Removed the weight that Vista carried and simplified some more aspects. Windows might have taken a few more steps in the direction of Apple, but Apples are selling and you have to keep with the times. I personally have really come to like Vista. It is much easier to browse and maneuver than XP. The steps 7 went are just that much simpler.
-Why 7? In case you don't know: 95, 98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista... 7.

Pushing feelings behind me. Two years was a good run and the best relationship I have ever had. Gotta hope for good things in the future. Enjoy your Thursday and I'll enjoy mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment