Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Continuum

I've tried and tried but I can't seem to make a poetic series. This is my favorite for a continued poem. I had a few lines, but I just haven't gotten it to work yet.

Butterfly Kisses Too
The light through the shades
Freckled specks across her body
Blankets pushed to the bed base
Night stand displays a King James edition
Her drawings across the room, miscellaneous
Pillow resting her breasts covered by an arm
Tracing her side down curving up those hips
Big, bright, blue eyes open slowly
Jenna rolls over focused on her lover.

Jimmy wakes to a butterfly kiss
He stretches his defined arms
Lays one over Jenna and pulls
Pressing his bare chest against her breasts
Curling his leg into and through hers
A journal leafs down on the floor, pen too
A world of love, hate, and gray between
A window into the maze of his scattered mind
Inseparable the two walk this world.
9/20/2008

I liked it and I hope you do too. We'll see what I get from there.

I got a tattoo last year. I really liked it. I drew it out (see right) and brought the idea to the artist. As mentioned before I tend to be a little ADD so my decision on something permenant is a ten month process. The drawing has to be finalized and I can't have any doubt in my mind. Also, the drawing has to have meaning to it. This one has a lot of meaning to me. I'll get it over with now. Funny enough to think I never really told anyone why, but I'll save some. What do barbed wire and a domino have to do with each other at all? They really don't, but you can't tell me that doesn't look saweet? Domino: 5-blank. A blank-blank is also known as the Jokerbone. I like to think of myself as a smartass, or a joker. I was born in May (the fifth month), at 12:05 (another convenient five). May begins as Taurus and ends as Gemini. I am a Gemini. Gemini is the twins (sometimes thought of as split personality) and like that I have the twin barbed wire. Two, the duality of life. Good and bad, right and wrong, light and dark. Wanna know something about five and two in mathematics? They're prime numbers. That's enough for now.

Song to listen to: April 29 1992 - Sublime
Let it burn, wanna let it burn.

I tell you about the tattoo I have because my friend Rob and I put our thick heads together to think "outside-the-box" to get my design together for a possible next one. Now I just need to wait about ten months.


Enjoy the holiday times. Wish I was in my hometown of Grosse Pointe to enjoy it with friends and family. Regardless, things are pretty chill at work and the Sgt's have been trying to get everyone some time off. Example: today I got off at 1 and am able to watch Invincible for the second time, relax and put a post up for my blog. EVENTFULL!!! ha HA! Seriously though, it is pretty warrented time off. Don't get your panties in a bunch. When was the last time you worked twelve hours straight, seven days a week for seven months? No weekends. It wears you out pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment