Friday, January 1, 2010

Memories Flood

In whatever way it is done; I'm not sure, but I am convinced memories are not stored in a linear manner. I have found on this trip home that the strangest of recollections pour into my thoughts. I'm not sure how to better explain it than that. I do the simplest of things while I'm home and my mind races to all these different events that have taken place. I was eating an old favorite - Death by Chocolate, and I literally lost myself in thought for the entirety of the bowl of ice cream.

Along the same lines: I get deja vu. A phenomenon where as you do something you feel you have been in that situation before, done that thing and were in that place (or along those lines). I often find this the case. However, I have run into the instances of hmmm... precognition, premonition, whatever you may want to call it, the future sight. I'm not saying I believe in madam fortuna or the likes, or tarot (although I do find astrology interesting), but I have in a manner of saying a sense of a futuristic mentality.
- The reason for posting this is due to the fact that tonight I had a creepy one. I felt the need to post something in the relation to it. Perhaps remind myself: strange thing how memories work.

Read up on it sometime. A memory can really deceive you. You can picture something in a particular way all your life, only to have the fact brought forth and be completely different. The color of a shirt changing from blue to black. The memory of shoes changing from skater style to moccasins. I ramble, and for that I apologize. The best thing to do, find the memory you want to never change and write it down, at that moment take a picture. The best thing for a mind to properly assemble and form a memory is for fact to assist it. You can remember how cold it really was when you see that old picture of your family at the ski resort. How your toes felt like they were going to break off.

Thanks for coming along when you did twenty-ten. What would I do without a new year to start me off right.

No comments:

Post a Comment