Sunday, April 17, 2011

Music

I've been listening to some good music lately.  Inspiration is almost there for a poem, I have some lines written down.  Anyway, wanted to get down the songs I have stuck in my head.


The Pixies - Where is my mind?
Bright Eyes - It's cool we can still be friends
The Decemberists - On the bus mall
Fountains of Wayne - Sink to the bottom
Bright Eyes - First day of my life
Lucky Boys Confusion - Anything, anything (I'll give you) [cover of Dramarama]
Thrice - Artist in the ambulance


The latest poem I wrote, (not counting the ones I have to tweak and get a few more lines for).


Confusion in My Mind
My head is caught in a slip stream
Or some sort of alternate reality.
Jaded paranoia haunts my sleep
And anxieties the rest of the day.
Every hour is the bane of my existence
Or clearly misery is my only business.

I lost sight on what you wanted from me,
And everything that once really mattered.
Now I must be closing faster on -
What was that? Maybe the darkness,
I can’t remember, and I forget,
And redundancy is a constant reminder.

I blame only you for your insanity,
And I blame you for the voices in my head.

My time is short before the walls collapse.
So return to me everything I ever wanted;
Starting with my mind.
Pixies have my mind.
I want to give back, to something that happens
To not exist, or was it ever really there?

I blame you for what you put me through,
And I blame your for my insanity.
February 14, 2011

There are a few songs you might be able to catch in this poem.  I mean, one is obvious.  Just happens to be the way I'm writing or something.  I'm unsure how I feel about continuing with the Jade / muse.  I know the muse concept won't leave me.

I'm getting excited to go home.  Since Bahrain is a shit-show and just not happening I'm jumping through hoops it feels like to get my life back on track.  Ugh, another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment