Thursday, August 26, 2010

Perfect from Far Away

Everything looks perfect from far away.  Come down now.


You may look at my life from a distance and see that it look good, that I have everything in order, but sometimes I feel this is not the case.  I do have some things working out right now, school and work and certs and shoulder recovery.  Yet I'm definitely lacking something, missing something.


I was told for the hundredth time last night that I don't show emotion.  I guess I don't see the reason to get worked up about things that seem fickle and that just create drama.  Then again I was probably getting into a relationship that didn't need to be gotten into.  All well, you lose some too.


I really want to rework this, but here's what I have so far:


Walk Away
Close your eyes so I can turn away.  I won’t glance back.  I’m too afraid.
The repercussions that drive us to that point where all I can do;
Is take the only option out, I have to walk away.
Close the door behind me and bolt it quickly shut;
One more separation to keep me walking away.
Forget me and all my nots.  Slowly fade those memories.
And please close the blinds after I stand by the drive way.
Because if I look back and see you watching me,
I just won’t walk.  I’ll stand there anyway.
8/24/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment