Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Games We Play

I should probably be working on homework, but fuck it.

I made a new game that I love playing when I drink.  When I go to the bathroom I time my flush so that my peeing ends just before the flushing ends.  This game gets really difficult at other people's houses, bars, and other foreign piss-receptacles.  I have, however, figured out my own toilet pretty well due to this game.  Though another complexity to the aforementioned game is knowing your own bladder.  I have found that mine can be sometimes deceptive and cruel.

In other news:  I have scheduled G. Love concert next friday and a wine tour the final weekend in February.  I'm pretty excited about both of these.

Not Recent:  I have changed my feelings on which beer to use for mass quantities.  I have moved from Bud Light to Coors Light.  This feeling was persuaded from Evan, mostly.  In turn I have persuaded multiple others to try Coors Light in comparison and have gotten those individuals to change their opinions, mostly Sam. 

As mentioned in Sketchy is my feeling on a line I had for a poem.  I have since then steadily, and slowly, worked a poem out.  It is as follows.


Busted Afternoons
I saw her standing there in the afternoon.
The glint in Jade’s eye piercing me with…
Misunderstanding, it’s all just a big…
Crowding feelings and mixed emotions.
Waste of my time.

Forget the things that didn’t last.
Forget the things that will come to pass.

Choking on words like the breaths of
Air on which I do not speak.
Lost in translation and held back
By the serifs caught on my tongue.

Crushed dreams from empty promises.
Busted afternoons and long nights alone.
2/4/2010

Time to crack a beer and do some homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment